Chapter 416 is proud to sponsor the Earle North Parker Essay Contest, an annual essay contest that provides scholarship funds for High School Seniors (and home schooler’s) for college.
Our intent is to offer students willing to do some research, provide strong rationale, logic, and thought to a topic pertaining to national defense or national pride and to present it in written form. The essays are printed in our local newsletter and published on our website.
Who Can Enter
Participants must be a senior in a State of Texas High School (including home‐schooled).
How the Essay Contest Works
- Each year a new topic is identified by chapter 416
- See 2020-2021 entry form, entries due Jan. 15, 2021
- Students write a two‐page essay and provide it back to the chapter
- Funds are presented to schools upon notification and registration of student
- Funds can be sent directly to the school the student is attending
Full set of contest rules can be obtained by downloading the contest application.